Thursday, February 5, 2009

Random thoughts of the grumpy student aka don't read this if you're easily annoyed

I just got done with my first class of the day, and am in class for the second one(I have five classes today - bad scheduling decision). I have my first midterm of the semester today, which is fine except for the fact that I have a quiz today. AND I had a pop quiz in my very first class of the day. The class I barely made on time thanks to the buses being packed like the only suitcase you're allowed to carry onto a flight without a surcharge. Wait, no, the first one also costs 15 bucks. 

The website the textbook for my class is on, isn't opening. I've been trying for hours. I don't know what it is, but whatever it is, somebody fix it. I need to read one last module for the quiz, I can't legitimately BS something I know nothing about. I have the midterm in about 1 hour 15 minutes, which is exactly 30 minutes after my current class ends. That ends an hour and a half after it begins, at 2:15. My quiz, the one the website won't work for, is at 4:00. Which is exactly 15 minutes after my finance class ends. Maybe there's a quiz in that one too. 

My professor just walked in. Looks like he has sheath of paper with him. Maybe it's an updated syllabus that substitutes all exams for free cookies. I need coffee. With cookies.  Or a spinach bagel smeared with 3 inches of cream cheese. Toasted. Maybe I'll get one when I get time. Probably after my last quiz today. At 5:15. Between classes that end at 5:15, and work that ends at 11.  

Well, there's a bright side to all this. Tomorrow's friday. I love fridays. See there's a silver lining to every overbearing dark thunder cloud. the weekend's supposed to get warmer. I'll be able to sleep for more than 4 hours without feeling guilty. Maybe I'll actually catch up with that finance class that's gut-punching me twice a week. Maybe I'll catch that House marathon on sunday, and watch all the superbowl ads. There's some interesting leftovers in my fridge, maybe I'll take a dig at making something interesting out of it. Or bake those cookies. Sugar cookies with M&M's and chocolate dough cookies with---

Oh, it's a pop quiz. 
I'm going to go and scream now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment