Friday, April 17, 2009

SPRING IS HERE!!!!!!

OMG, for the first time in months, I don't have to wear a jacket!!!! Could I be more excited (read it like chandler said it)? It's a friday, the weather's all sweet and sunny, all I have is 6 gazillion papers/projects and 4 finals till I officially become a senior! I'm excited, scared, well, no excited. It's funny, really, I can't wait to graduate and step into this 'real world' everybody seems to be functioning in, yet I really do love being in college. It's fun, relatively safe, and you get summers off. I guess that is the distinction between real world and not: whether you get summers off. I have always had something to do every summer - classes, jobs, internships, horsing around. But this time, for the first time, I think I'll be able to do what I have wanted to ever single summer since the end of high school.

Beach. Cold Drink. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's

Usually, under the Indian schooling system, the school year runs from april through march, so summers are usually filled with holiday homework and assignments like "What books you read during the summer" and such. So this school year ending in may, so free four months is a miraculous concept to me. I spent most of my freshman year promising myself sun soaked afternoons on the beach, which never really came to fruition. I was here taking summer classes, and then I was being a semi-productive member of society with a job. Last summer, it was two summer sessions of classes, followed by a job. This summer, zilch. For the most part, at least. So june-july-august? Beach, woo hoo!!! While not having a set internship is bumming me out, there are *some* benefits to this entire recession scenario.

What? I'm an optimist! And we need more of those these days..

No comments:

Post a Comment