Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Riding the weather roller-coaster

Bloomington's weather is weird, to say the least. When I first came here, I used to get so excited when it would rain. It doesn't rain much in Muscat, and it didn't rain much in Delhi, so rain was always welcome. This, however, was before my first of many falls in the rain. So the fact that it is raining again today, as it was yesterday, and promises to do tomorrow, is no ray of sunshine (see what I did there?). See, if there is one thing you need to know about Indiana weather, it's this:

A x% chance of rainfall = 100% chance of rainfall, x being any number between 10-100.

It doesn't matter if weather.com says 30%, it always translates as RAIN! Pretty much like a 90% chance of rain in Delhi usually translated as no rain. I like rain, I do! But my only umbrella broke two weeks back, and I'm tired of wearing my thick jacket to avoid getting drenched. Somehow rain seems to reach its peak jut as I am about to leave, and stop right after I enter shelter. The only way to save yourself? Layers. Many many layers. Like onions, or Ogres, green cute funny Ogres who have a slight accent and are married to Ogress' called Fiona, and live in a swamp with a smartass smart-ass called Dunkey and know a prince who sounds like Justin Timberlake and

I digress.

Where was I? Oh yeah, the weather. It is awful. And confusing. And unpredictable. Let's just hope we don't have any more snow. Don't laugh, it's possible!I mean with the laws of probability no longer applying and rain becoming highly selective in its timing to whichever city I move to, I'm starting to wonder if I should take all this personally, weather gods.

*at this point of time, Sri was struck by a giant thunderbolt that completely avoided all the much taller trees and metal rods near her, and the only sound was a resounding MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*

No comments:

Post a Comment