Friday, August 7, 2009

So, summer's almost over... (The Excuse-Filled Blog)

Ok, I know I said that I would right a bigger blog and wrap up my semester after I finished packing. And, technically, I am writing this *after* I am done packing. Only problem, that was three months ago. Oops :(

Well, for one I only finished packing about three minutes before I was supposed to get on the shuttle, and if I had waited to write a blog then, well, lets just say this would be an infinitely less interesting blog. And secondly, well, as I stated in one of my very first blogs, google sucks.
**rant warning**
You see, google, in an effort to personalize the world, decided that everyone in the middle east is not only proficient in, but prefers everything they do on the net to be in arabic. So, when I landed in Muscat and tried to go online, much to my surprise I was faced with every single detail of the page being in Arabic. Login? Arabic. Logout? Arabic. The little new post button? Arabic! Also, the layout was back-asswards. And when the thing would tell me things like "You've entered the password and the email in the opposite fields", IT WAS IN ARABIC! How was I supposed to know what on earth they were saying? ( At this point, if you say babelfish, congrats, you are much smarter than I was) So, I pretty much decided I'll wait till I get to China, and there it'll possibly be in English, globalized world and all.
/**rant warning**
So, I went to China. Which was awesome, but that's another topic for another series of blogs. There, however, not only was Blogger not in Mandarin, it was blocked! And there goes my entire idea of a "Life of Study Abroader - Beijing".
But well, I finally figured out that not only will China not get the almost Live coverage I waned to give it. So, I wrote some, and took some pics, and observed some funny things, some important things and some weird things. And that is what the rest of my blogs over the next few weeks will be about! Till then, ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment